Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Flying high

Since our little nature outing the other day, and seeing a hawk, there's a song I've had stuck in my head.

I loved it the very first time I heard it, and why wouldn't I? Jim Morrison's vocals were sampled, and an irresistible beat added.

Without fail, this song takes me back to my clubbing days in London - where I first heard it. It was the golden era of Fatboy Slim, and I managed to take in a number of his gigs. He was always happy, and grinning from ear to ear. The best gig I saw was when he played the night after his son was born, and people were passing cigars over to him. A very happy place, and I was there!

So, without further ado, I present - Sunset (Bird of Prey) by Fatboy Slim. The fact that the song has a great anti-war video is a bonus. Or... you could just close your eyes and let the song wash over you.

Bird of prey
Bird of prey
In the summer sky
Flying high


No comments:

Post a Comment