Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Equinox




Equinox has officially been and gone. The mornings now have a chill in the air - requiring jeans and layers - and the mercury is taking longer to peak each day. Daytime still feels like summer, but then the late afternoons cool down quickly, bringing the kind of whispy clouds that like to be seen in autumn. The sun sets in an incredibly massive crimson ball (thanks smog!), and the nearby mountains turn all kinds of hues of purple.

It's quite beautiful, but I'm always sad to see summer going.

4 comments:

  1. There is something nice about the turning of the seasons but like you, I miss summer. I live for the warmer weather.

    I would love to have a northern hemisphere summer, unimpeded by Christmas and New Year. It's one of the things I've always wished could be different.

    I cannot believe how fast this year has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost achieved that last year - we moved here in March, at the end of the Aussie summer and start of spring here. A nicely postponed winter! Have managed that to some degree, a few times over the years, what with being based in the UK for a while too.

    It sounds cliché but every year really does go faster, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots, MJ.

    For me, the end of daylight savings is when the funk sets in. I love long, sunny days so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I do not like the shorter days. As it is, I can notice the earlier darkness creeping in, but we still have a few more weeks of daylight savings left. I will be very sad when it goes.

    ReplyDelete