Friday, September 16, 2011

Money Drawing

My previous post may have been scraping the blogging barrel with talk of certain medical procedures, so - with that out of my system - I'm going to move on.

One of the cooler things about living in LA is the Hispanic grocery stores and sections in the supermarkets. In most of the supermarkets I've shopped at, the Hispanic section includes colourful pillar candles in tall glass jars. The jars are adorned with images of Jesus, Mary and any Catholic saint you can think of.

Given the wide range of saints, I assume the candles are for prayers... but I just love the kitsch value.

This morning when I was doing my usual round of grocery shopping, I decided it was time to invest in one of these candles... because, you know, $1.49 is such a lot of money. Our apartment still feels a little bland - decor wise - and I always love splashes of colour. I'll never be someone who decorates in only tasteful shades of taupes and greys.

I couldn't decide which saint we need the most help from (all?), so in the end I went with this:


The bottom of it proclaims it to be a 'Money Drawing Candle'. Apparently there is even a lucky number inside.

Hey, who couldn't do with more money coming in? Of course, it might help if I actually played the lottery...


No comments:

Post a Comment