I'm not really one for making lists, unless something major in my life requires it - like moving overseas. Oh, I have plenty of lists in my head; they just rarely make it on to paper... which is why, when I saw this writing prompt (from Mama Kat's Losin It) it seemed like the perfect way to spend a drizzly morning inside. It gave me flashbacks to my classrooms as it reminded me of the classic EFL writing tasks I'd set my students, to practise their present perfect tense.
|(Click here for link)|
Twenty-two things I've done (in no particular order)
1. Seen the sun rise and set over the Pacific Ocean.
2. Moved home thirteen times.
3. Taken belly dancing classes.
4. Made mistakes.
5. Picnicked on camembert, baguettes, and wine outside the Sacré Coeur in Paris.
6. Cried over accidentally-thrown-out artwork.
7. Poured a thousand pints of beer in London.
8. Dabbled in a little French, Italian, Irish Gaelic and (now) Korean.
9. Had my nose and belly button pierced.
11. Photographed donkeys in Mexico.
12. Created human life.
13. Dyed my hair red.
14. Swum at beaches on three continents.
15. Consumed vast quantities of chocolate.
16. Feasted on tapas in Barcelona.
17. Rescued frangipanis from the ground, and worn them in my hair.
18. Given birth.
19. Welcomed in a snowy New Year in Sweden.
20. Married my high school sweetheart.
21. Nourished my babies from my own body.
22. Inhaled the alpine goodness of the Swiss Alps, and thought of Heidi.