Thursday, August 15, 2013

Last of L.A. (Part 1)

Almost two months later, I have finally forced myself to sit down and go through my gazillion photos from our last couple of weeks in Los Angeles (all taken back in June).

Despite the hectic-ness (not really a word - I know - but I'm stuck) of that time, it was wonderful. There's nothing like knowing it's the last chance you'll get to do certain things; spend time with those who matter most. I did my best to cram as much in as possible. Sunshine, playgrounds, sightseeing, hanging at friends' homes, sunshine, swimming, visits to favourite ice cream stores, favourite restaurants, ladies' nights out, more sunshine, more gatherings... you get the idea.

I don't think I've got the words to ever do justice to those few weeks, so I'm going to stick with just photos. I sat down to pull out my favourite shots and when I was done, I realised there were far too many to put into one post. No matter how I try, I can't distill the essence down to just a dozen photos.

So. Here is Part One of an epic couple of weeks.

Playdate at a friend's house.

Announcing the ice cream truck outside a friend's house, 
in case we hadn't noticed.

Her last day of school.

Swimming break for ice cream at our local Baskin Robbins,
also near our local supermarket (reflected).

In a buddy's playhouse. 

Eastbound home as the sun was setting.
In those months of solo parenting, I was never able to catch a proper sunset.
A rear view in the mirror was as good as it got.

A pedicure treat for the Faery and I during Miss Pie's 
last day of preschool.

A failed attempt at culling the soft toy pile,
in preparation for packing and moving.

A last ice cream date with a good little buddy.

Cooling off in the pool at our apartment complex.

In the grand old lobby of L.A.'s Union Station.

The Million Dollar Theater, downtown L.A.
(featured in Blade Runner, and The Artist)

Shiny downtown L.A.

I have a thing for old fire escapes (downtown L.A.)

Angels Flight funicular, downtown L.A.

Stay tuned for Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment